Simply Delicious: Creative Pastas
Week 5 of Simply Delicious is all about Creative Pasta Dishes. While everyone loves a hearty pasta with red sauce, there are lots of other interesting ways that the classic ingredient can be enjoyed. Check out the featured recipes from this week’s collection of food bloggers, I just know that you’ll find them Simply Delicious…
1. Vegetarian Pasta Cake – I love this idea for making a nice solid pasta dish that travels well & can be served hot or cold
- Read the Recipe: The Food Traveller
2. Capellini Pomodoro – here’s the classic pasta with tomato sauce, and this simple homemade version is definitely one to try
– Read the recipe: Life’s Ambrosia
3. Asparagus linguine with mint pesto – for a healthy & creative twist, try substituting asparagus for pasta noodles
– Read the recipes: No Recipes (photo below)
4. Spaghetti Squash with Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower – if you’ve never had spaghetti squash, you’re in for a treat – watch this helpful video for preparation instructions
– Read the recipe: Dani Spies
5. Chimichurri Pasta Sauce – you’ll hear about chimichurri sauce being served with meat, but why not try this spicy, fresh herb-based sauce on pasta?
– Read the recipe: Tea & Cookies (photo below)
6. Toasted Walnut and Charred Red Capsicum Pasta – don’t get stressed out, red capsicums are just red peppers – toasted nuts plus crispy peppers give this pasta dish a really nice texture
– Read the recipe: Bron Marshall
7. Angel Hair Pasta with Seafood – you’ll often see this in restaurants, but why not make it at home – try it with whatever seafood is fresh in the market
– Read the recipe: Rasa Malaysia (photo below)
8. Manhattan Clam Pasta – what a great idea, turn your favorite soup recipe into a pasta dish!
– Read the recipe: Caviar and Codfish
9. Orzo Salad with Chickpeas, Dill, and Lemon – orzo pasta salad is great as a side dish, and it’s always a hit at summer BBQ’s
– Read the recipe: sidewalk shoes (photo below)
10. Asian Noodle Salad – this healthy & creative pasta salad can be made with whatever fresh veggies you’ve got on hand, and I love the use of peanut butter in this recipe!
– Read the recipe: The Nourishing Gourmet
Do you have a recipe that simplifies your life? Tell me about it.
Next week’s recipe theme: Great Adaptations