Updates to Springpad: Save via Email, RSS/iCal Feeds and API Access!
Today we’re releasing a bundle of new features focused on making your Springpad data more accessible. This update gives you improved email-in features, RSS and iCal feeds of your data, local data backup, and lots more… Log in now and check it out!
Create Anything by Email
Now when you send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, you can save any type of item, attach tags and choose which notebooks you’d like to file it into. And we’ll use the logic included in our web clipper to automatically pull in other useful details, like recipe ingredients, movie release dates, and much more!
Create notes, tasks, bookmarks, recipes, products, books, and more! (details)
In addition to forwarding in emails that you’d like to save, this is a great way to add things to Springpad from your mobile browser. So the next time you come across something that you want to save when surfing the web on your iPhone, just forward the link to Springpad!
RSS and iCal Feeds
Now you can create a feed of your data and view it outside of Springpad.
A few great ways to use this include sending your events, alarms & tasks to your calendar, publishing a feed of your recipes or books to your blog, or sending a list of your Springpad bookmarks to your favorite reader so you can check them out later. (learn more)
Save a Backup of Your Springpad Data
We’ve added a utility to Springpad that allows you to export and download an HTML file of all of your Springpad data. You’ll find the option to create a backup in the Settings section of your account at Springpadit.com, under Services.
Springpad API Released!
We’re releasing our Springpad API, which will allow developers to create other applications that interface with Springpad. We see a lot of power in structured data and are excited to see what creative solutions can be built around the Springpad platform. (What’s an API?)
Other improvements and Bug Fixes:
- Quicker Clipping with the Chrome Extension: We’ve moved the clip button to the top-level of the Chrome Browser Extension, allowing you to save things from the web with one fewer click!
- Auto-Save Your Notes: No longer worry that you’ll lose your work if you forget to hit save, or if your internet connection suddenly drops. (Implemented on web app only)
- New Settings Page with Services & Resources: Find out all that you need to know from the new Settings screens.
- UI Speed Improvements: You should notice some new pep when creating new notes in the web app!
- Goodbye Apps: We stopped supporting apps a few months ago last Fall, and now apps.springpadit.com is no longer accessible.
- Re-add things you’ve deleted before: We’ve fixed the bug that prevented you from re-adding items that you had previously added and deleted.
- Sync Improvements: We’ve made multiple server-side sync improvements that will help resolve sync issues on the Android app & iOS apps.
- Fix Reminder Dates on Android App: This update will make task reminders set on the Android app show up on the correct date.