The New Springpad Makes It Fun and Easy to Share
We’re excited to announce a major update to Springpad! The new Springpad is all about helping you save, share and discover things that are important to you with the people you trust.
Today’s updates include a visual redesign and brand new collaboration features. We’ve simplified the interface, elevated the visual components, and made it much easier to save new things to Springpad. The new design also adds to the usefulness of collaboration, with a simple way to add new contributors to any notebook and a consolidated view of recent additions and changes from all contributors.
- It’s all new! That’s right, we’ve totally rethought, redesigned and refreshed Springpad! The only way to say it is that it’s just prettier. We mean it, it’s friggin’ beautiful. Check it out for yourself!
- It’s all about the notebook – We’ve made notebooks customizable, sharable, and just plain awesome! Now, all of your settings are controlled at the notebook level. So, once you create a notebook, you can control its design, its privacy settings, and who has access to add and edit its contents.
- Simplified saving – We’ve removed the number of steps it takes to add something new to a notebook. Use the new add bar to type in a note or task that you want to save, paste in a URL that you want to save, or type in a search term for something you want to save – like a movie or book name. Learn more about saving new things to Springpad.
- Follow notebooks from your friends – Friends Stuff has been replaced with a new Following section, where you can choose to follow specific notebooks from people you trust, then spring something for yourself.
- Explore Springpad for new ideas – If you’re looking for some inspiration, check out public notebooks from the Springpad community in the new Explore section.
Check Out the New Look
We’re excited to introduce you to the new look of Springpad.
More About Collaboration
Want to put together a family chore list, or a group wish list? What about working with your friends on a list of great brunch spots, or a killer list of books to read? Well, now you can do it!
Springpad notebooks are the very best way to share sets of information with your friends and family, and with the new capability to add contributors to your notebooks, you no longer have to do it alone! Public or private, you can work on your notebooks with the people you trust. Learn more about sharing your Springpad notebooks.
Other Improvements & Changes
This update also includes a number of improvements, all focused on simplifying your Springpad experience.
- Simplified sharing settings - Now all sharing is done at the notebook level. So, if a notebook is public, all of its contents, and all of their attachments are public. Likewise, if a notebook is private, then it’s for your eyes only. Learn more about making your notebooks public.
- Jump right in! You may have noticed that our new homepage is the Springpad Explore section. So, new users can check it out before they sign up!
- Chrome App no longer available offline - As a part of this update, we have removed the offline capabilities of the Springpad Chrome app.
- New media notes - Save files and photos from the web app. Just open up a notebook and drag in any file from your desktop. (Chrome browser only)
- Task categories removed – To simplify your experiece, we’ve removed categories and replace them with tags.
- Shopping & Packing lists removed – We’ve changed all of your checklists into, well, checklists!
- Renamed Flags – We’ve replaced “Flag” with “Like,” so keep an eye out for the little red heart! It works the same, it’s just cuter!
- Comment on any public item - We’ve replaced attached notes with comments.
- Simpler URL’s – You may notice that the URL structure has changed a bit – all in the name of clarity and simplicity!
- And lots more…
This is just the beginning!
We’ll be spending the coming days, weeks, and months continuing to improve your Springpad experience. So let us know what you think, and keep an eye out for ongoing updates!