Update to Springpad Android app includes simpler saving (v3.2)
Along with the latest update to the Springpad web app, we’ve just released the latest version of the Android app for your smartphone or tablet (v3.2.0). This update simplifies the way you save things with your Android device, adds a tablet disply for eReaders and fixes a handful of pesky bugs. Install the update now!
New Quick Add
Based on input from users, we’ve simplified the way you save new things to Springpad. Now when you add something to Springpad, you’ll first decide the type of thing you want to save. Based on the capabilities of your device, we’ve moved the most common types of saves to the top of the menu, making saving even easier and faster.
Adding Tablet Display to More Devices
Now all larger screen devices will load the tablet version of the Springpad Android app. The new layout on these devices means less wasted screen space and a more logical display of your notebooks.
Other improvements and fixes included in this update:
- Introduced a new app icon
- Added a notification when a contributor to one of your notebooks adds a new item (within two hours of the new spring)
- Added notification controls to the app’s Settings section
- Improved tap target for editing a new note body on Kindle Fire
- Improved barcode scanner messaging if no results found
- Fixed a bug with notebook themes not loading in version 3.1.5
- Added a tour of the app for new users who have installed but not yet signed up
- Added a new permission that helps us understand how the community is using the app, which will enable us to further improve usability