How Daniel Gold Uses Whitelines Link with Springpad
The Whitelines notebook concept is simple: they make notebooks with no visual interference between the lines and the pen color, which makes your writing and drawings stand out. With their newest product, Whitelines Link notebooks, you can create analog notes and save them digitally using their iOS app, making it easy to capture, share and save your notes.
Daniel discovered that if you use Whitelines Link and Springpad’s save via email feature, you can create handwritten notes, snap a photo and they will automatically be emailed into Springpad, all in only one step!
Here’s how to set it up: (one time)
- Get a Whitelines Link notebook (or download a copy of the paper!)
- Download the Whitelines Link app for your iPhone or iPad.
- Find your custom Springpad email: log in to Springpad.com and go to Settings, then Services.
- In the Settings of the Whitelines Link app, add your custom Springpad email in the Default Recipient field.
How to use Whitelines Link to create a note in Springpad:
- Create a note in your Whitelines Link notebook & check off the email box at the bottom of the page
- Open the Whitelines iOS app & capture the page (be sure all 4 corner markers are visible)
Pretty soon, a note will appear in your Springpad account with the note you just created!
Pro Tip: Use the subject line to save your page as a task or something else, which notebook you want it saved in and to add tags (e.g. Task: Review Meeting Notes @Work #todos).
For more pro tips from Daniel, check out his new white paper, “The Ultimate Getting Things Done with Springpad.”