Now you can organize your Springpad stuff your way!
We’re excited to give you a bunch of new features that help you organize the contents of your Springpad notebooks in a more flexible way. Last week we announced the board, which allows you to visually organize your notebook contents. Today’s update allows you to manually re-order the contents of your notebooks by drag and drop!
Reorder your notebook contents
Now you can manually reorder the items in your notebooks using drag and drop, giving you the ultimate control in organization and display of your springs. Use the order of the items in your notebooks to help you prioritize your tasks, group your recipes or just create your ultimate “Top 10″ lists!
How it works: All notebooks will now have a “Manual” sort option which will allow you to manually move your items, then sync between all of the Springpad apps. Also, sorting while offline will be available on the mobile apps, which will then sync to the web when you’re back online. This feature is available today for the web app and Android app. The upcoming release of the iOS app will also support manual sorting.
Notebook covers got a facelift
We refreshed how your notebooks look on the app’s home screen, giving them a more fun “notebook-y” look! In response to your input, we made the accent color more prominent on the notebook covers, making it easier to organize and identify your notebooks by color. We also more clearly identified your private notebooks with a red lock icon and gave you quicker access to a notebook’s settings (mouse over the lock icon or follower count to see the settings icon).
New notebook covers are available now on the web app and Android app. They’ll be included in the next iOS app update (coming soon).
Other updates and fixes:
- Notebook cover images will now be based on the first four items listed in a notebook, controlled by sorting
- New screen for creating and customizing a new notebook
- Updated welcome screens for new users
- Hide completed will now hide completed checklist items in gallery view, too
- Now displaying note titles on boards
- Fixed bug that prevented checklist items from being previewed in gallery view in a notebook
- Improved speed of file attachments displaying in Firefox