Springpad Android Update: Drag/Drop to Reorder and Rich Notifications (v3.2.2)
Along with the latest update to the Springad web app, we’re also releasing an update to the Springpad Android app for your phone or tablet.
Reorder your notebook contents
Now you can manually reorder the items in your notebooks using drag and drop, giving you the ultimate control in organization and display of your springs. Use the order of the items in your notebooks to help you prioritize your tasks, group your recipes or just create your ultimate “Top 10″ lists!
How it works: All notebooks will now have a “Manual” sort option which will allow you to manually move your items, then sync between all of the Springpad apps. When viewing your notebook contents, use the drag/drop controls on the right side of the screen to reorder your items (when in list view) or select Reorder from the menu (when in gallery view) to reveal the controls. You can even reorder items while offline and the sorting will sync to the web when you’re back online.
Introducing Rich Notifications!
Now Android users who are running Jelly Bean (Android OS 4.1) can do more with their Springpad notifications.
With this update, you’ll see the following enhanced notifications:
- Notifications that mention an item will show a preview of the item’s thumbnail image.
- Follow back other users directly from follow notifications & receive confirmation of follow without opening the app.
- When you are notified that a notebook collaborator has added a bookmark, you can click through to immediately open the link right from the notification.
Notebook covers got a facelift
We refreshed how your notebooks look on the app’s home screen, giving them a more fun “notebook-y” look! You’ll notice that the accent color is more prominent, helping you to visually organize your notebooks. Also, we resized the notebooks for tablets, making more more notebooks visible on the home screen.
Other updates and fixes:
- Notebook cover images will now be based on the first four items listed in a notebook, controlled by sorting
- New screen for creating and customizing a new notebook
- Updated welcome screens for new users
- The Quick Note option has been removed from the device’s menu when in a notebook because you can create a note just as quickly from the Add an item menu
- Fixed a bug that hid controls when viewing an item on certain 7″ tablets
- Existing users will no longer be taken through the app tour each time they log in