New Feature: Simplified Sharing from Springpad
We’ve just released an update to Springpad that makes it easier than ever to share anything from anywhere in Springpad.
Now you can share anything you save to Springpad, from a notebook and all of its contents to just a single spring. Plus, you can share things from private notebooks and things that might not be filed in a notebook at all. This new feature is available on the web and Android apps today and is coming soon to our iPhone and iPad apps.
Here’s how it works:
- When you want to share something, just open it up and click the share button. To share a notebook on the web, click the ‘Share Notebook’ button in the left navigation bar (in the About view). To share an individual item on the web, click the Share button is at the top right near the Edit button.
- If the notebook or item you are sharing is private, you’ll first generate a private link for the notebook or item that you are sharing. If you decide that you no longer want anyone to have that private link, it can be regenerated or deleted at any time by revisiting the share menu for the notebook or item.
- You can then share this link via Facebook, Twitter or Email.
- Note that anyone who has a link to the item you’ve shared can also share it with their friends, even if the notebook or item you’ve shared is private. Additionally, anyone who views public notebooks or items on the web can share them with their friends, even without signing up for a Springpad account!
Other fixes and improvements in this update:
- You can now paste in a video embed code from you favorite video services like YouTube or Vimeo to save a video in your Springpad notebooks.
- The banner area for non-registered vistors of Springpad.com is now smaller.
- Sharing options have been removed from the Notebook Settings screen to simplify the menu. You can now access your sharing preferences by using the Share buttons on your notebooks and items.
- Release Notes: Springpad Android App v3.2.5
- Springpad iOS App Updates: Easier Sharing and Checklist Improvements (v3.2.1) (Coming Soon)