Springpad iOS App Update: New Notebook Covers & Manual Reorder (v3.2)
Notebook covers got a facelift
We’re introducing the Gallery view of your notebooks for the iPhone and iPad apps, giving your notebook covers more visual appeal! We’ve also updated the Compact notebook view to give it a more fun “notebook-y” look that matches the appearance of your notebooks on Springpad.com. To toggle between Gallery view and Compact view, just pull down on the screen to reveal the controls.
Reorder your notebook contents
Now you can manually reorder the items in your notebooks using drag and drop, allowing you more control of the organization and display of your springs. Use the order of the items in your notebooks to help you prioritize your tasks, group your recipes or just create your ultimate “Top 10″ lists!How it works: It’s easy! Just place your finger on the item, and drag it to wherever you want! Once you reorder the contents of one of your notebooks, the new order will sync between all of the Springpad apps. You can even reorder items while offline and the sorting will sync to the web when you’re back online.
Other updates and improvements:
- On the My Notebooks screen, you can now reorder your notebooks using drag and drop. To delete a notebook from that view, pull down on the screen and tap on Edit to reveal the Delete buttons.
- Notebook cover images will now be based on the first four items listed in a notebook, controlled by sorting.
- New screen for creating and customizing a new notebook.
- Replaced the Redlaser barcode scanner with a new open-source scanner.
- Fixed searching for businesses nearby to give more accurate results.
- Added a “Find Friends” dialog when users first view the Following section.
- Moved the button to share a public notebook to the main navigation of the notebook.