ATTENTION: This post contains details about a previous version of Springpad. To learn about the updates in Springpad 3.0, check out this blog post: “The New Springpad Makes It Fun and Easy to Share.”
The Springpad Clipper allows you to quickly add things to Springpad while you surf the web. Just install the Spring It! button in your browser bar and you’ll be able to save anything to Springpad without leaving the web page that you’re currently viewing. Save an article you want to read later or something more specific like a product, recipe or restaurant.
The Springpad Clipper allows you to quickly add things to Springpad while you surf the web. Just install the Spring It! button in your browser bar and you’ll be able to save anything to Springpad without leaving the web page that you’re currently viewing.
We’ve gotten great feedback on our current clipper and are working on making it better! Here’s a preview of some of the improvements coming soon: Read more…
We are introducing a whole slew of new springpad features tomorrow morning, with a focus on improving sharing. Read more about the features below…
Sharing made easier
1. Social sharing: Share your great ideas & favorite things via facebook, twitter, or good old fashioned email. Your friends don’t even need to be springpad users to see that new recipe that you’re recommending.
2. Share privately or publicly: You control whether you’d like your data to be viewable by all springpad user or just your closest friends.
Collect ideas from other springpad users
1. Follow people you trust: If someone sends you a recipe that you just love, you can follow them. You’ll see anything new that they add to their springpad so you can make a copy of it for yourself.
2. Create your own profile: Begin curating your own collection of springpad items to recommend to other users.
3. Community Discussion: Invite your friends or other springpad users to tell you what they think of that restaurant that you are considering.
1. Organize your collections in My Stuff: As you begin to find ideas from the people you follow & add them to your collection, springpad will help you stay organized.
2. New sections in top navigation: Home lets you see what you’ve done in springpad lately, and Discover helps you to find new ideas to add to your springpad.
3. More room to add details: Each item in springpad now has larger view that gives you the room you need to keep all of your notes.
Use the springpad clipper to save Recipes & Products
In addition to clipping notes, now use the clipper to add recipes & products to your springpad as you surf the web. The clipper can also be used as a basic bookmarklet for saving websites if you don’t highlight anything before you “Spring It!” Read more about the springpad clipper...
Sign up for an account in just one click
Register for springpad using your Google or Facebook account. We’ll soon be adding other services.
Send a copy of your data to your email account
Send a copy of your information to your email, so you can reference it when you aren’t logged into springpad. This is our first step toward improving your ability to access your data wherever you’d like to.
New Features, available now in springpad :
1. Navigation Change: You’ll notice a collapsible “drawer” on the left of the screen. From talking to users, we learned that most people focus on one task at a time. By removing the clutter, we’re hoping to help with that focus.
2. Bookmarklet: the web clipper is now available for Safari, Firefox & Chrome. Internet Explorer support is coming soon!
3. Calendar: We’ve made several usability improvements – Check it out!
4. Gifts: Keep track of the gifts you give – Record recipient, price & tracking number.
5. Business Locations: Add businesses to your springpad – We’ve integrated with Yelp & Yahoo Local to make searching quick & easy.
6. Map Events: Add Contacts or Businesses to Events to make them show up on your springpad maps.
7. Date Night Planner: read more about our latest springpad launch!
Check back here for new features, system notes, known issues & plans for upcoming releases. Your feedback is very important, so please don’t hold back! You can contact us at feedback AT springpartners DOT com.
We’re excited to launch the springpad bookmarklet, or “clipper”.
How it works:
1. Drag this link to your browser’s link bar: Spring It!
– Supported Browsers: Firefox, Safari & Chrome.
- Internet Explorer Users: Sit tight… Your turn is coming soon!
2. As you surf the web & find things you’d like to save for later…
- Highlight whatever you’d like to spring: text, images & links
- Click on Spring It!
- A note will be added to your springpad with a link back to where you found it
Some ideas for things to clip: The latest review for a book you’d like to buy, Hotel directions for your upcoming vacation, Supply lists for a home renovation project, Photos with the color palette you’d like for your wedding, Coupons for your favorite stores, A great poem or joke you’d like to remember…
Try it out & tell us what you think!
Watch the quick demo:
Upcoming enhancements to the springpad clipper:
1. Not everything you clip will become a note in springpad – Imagine adding lists, tasks, reminders, or even products you’d like to buy or movies you’d like to see!
2. Intelligent Clipping – If you’re on a recipe site we’ll try to spring the ingredients for you. On Amazon? We’ll spring the product.
3. You tell us – try out the clipper & let us know what other improvements you’d like to see!
We want to make it easy for Springpad users to access their information wherever and however they want. While we’ve got a few projects in the works, including putting the finishing touches on a mobile version of Springpad, I wanted to take this chance to highlight a simple, useful solution that you can use today.
Site specific browsers are basically applications that let you access a specific web service (like Springpad) as if it were a desktop app. Unlike offline support (like Google Gears), you still need to be connected to the internet. We use Fluid here at Spring Partners and it lets us easily treat all of the web services we use – including Google Calendar, Gmail, Jira and yes, Springpad – as if they were desktop apps.
Here’s how you do it
Step 1. Download and install a site specific browser
For Macs we recommend Fluid (download here)
For anyone using Firefox (PC or Mac) you can try the Mozilla Labs “Prism” (download here)
Step 2. Save our Springpad Logo to your desktop (right click and save the image)
Step 3 For Fluid. Enter the url springpadit.com when prompted (Important: don’t put in http:// before the url)
Step 3 For Prism. Load Springpad in Firefox and make sure the url is no more than http://springpadit.com/springpad – Once loaded, go to the Firefox menu: Tools -> Convert Website to Application
Step 4. Be sure to pick your Springpad icon
Step 5. Enjoy!
We’re working on some enhancements for site specific browsers, like a little widget that allows you to quickly enter & view data. If you have any suggestions, be sure to let us know!