For the last few months, the team has been hard at work on making it even easier for you to get the information you need when and where you need it. The result is Springpad 4.0 and we’re excited to give you a sneak peek!
You may have noticed Springpad has been a bit busier than usual recently and, man oh man, you are right! We’ve had a pretty exciting week thanks to the awesome people over at the Google Play app store… Read more…
If you come across a post on Google+ that you’d like to save to Springpad, you can save it to Springpad with just a click or two.
How to set it up:
- First, log in to Springpadit.com and find your custom email-in address. You’ll find it under Settings/Services, listed as your personal email address. Copy this email address.
- Then, open Google+ and go to your Circles.
- Drag your mouse over the new blank circle at the top of the list, then click to create a new circle called “Save to Springpad” (or something else similar).
- Click “Add a new person” and paste in the email address you found in the first step. You’ll need to give it a name (like “Personal Springpad Email”) to save it.
We’re back from an amazing couple of days at Google I/O 2010! Springpad uses many Google-led technologies, such as GWT to drive the web front end, many different API’s, and of course our recently-released Springpad Android App.
Pete and I were thrilled to attend the event to showcase our product in the developers’ sandbox. We were impressed by the organization of the event and by the energy of all of the attendees. As developers, we loved seeing some of the new offerings from Google and hope to incorporate them into future Springpad features.
So what can you look forward to?
One of our users developed a Chrome Extension for Springpad called SpringChrome. Check it out!
We love it!
ATTENTION: This post contains details about a previous version of Springpad. To learn about the updates in Springpad 3.0, check out this blog post: “The New Springpad Makes It Fun and Easy to Share.”
4/5/11/ UPDATE: You can now send your Events, Alarms and Tasks with due dates to Google Calendar using an iCal feed from Springpad.
Any events that you create in Springpad can be sent to your Google Calendar. So, if you’re using Springpad to organize certain projects, you can send integrate that planning with the rest of your life in Google!
Here’s how to do it: Read more…
Since launching the springpad public beta last week, we’ve experienced an overwhelming response & have collected some great feedback & questions. We continue to fix bugs every day.
Scheduled Downtime: springpad will be unavailable this Sunday morning 5am-11am (EST) for maintenance & upgrades. We apologize for the inconvenience.
New Features, available in springpad on Saturday morning:
1. Basic printing on all springpads.
2. Many improvements to speed and usability for Internet Explorer 7 users.
3. Multiple usability improvements to Recipes, including support of more recipe websites.
Check back later for new videos, highlighting lots of different features…
Answers to popular questions:
1. Mobile apps: Our goal is to make springpad accessible wherever and however you want. We’re working on mobile access (hint: 7 out of 10 of us have iPhones) and also inbound messaging support.
2. Backup: It’s your data and we want to make sure there are no barriers when you want to access it. So we want to hear from you! What formats make the most sense for backing up your data? Want it in a set of PDF’s or a giant XML file? A specific format by data type? Your feedback is greatly appreciated.
3. Google: Read more about how syncing with Google works. We’ve also heard many requests for mass-import of your contacts and think it’s a great idea.
4. Sharing: To create a family account, the email addresses that you invite to be members of your account must NOT already have springpad accounts. Read what to do if your family members already have springpad accounts. If you just want to send a copy of something to a friend, click on Share.
Check back here for new features, system notes, known issues & plans for upcoming releases. Your feedback is very important, so please don’t hold back! You can contact us at feedback AT springpartners DOT com.