Saving notes in Springpad just got a lot faster with Android Voice Actions. With the release of version 4.0.4 of the Springpad Android app, you can now use the Google Now “Note to Self” feature on your Nexus device to speak whatever you want and it will be saved as a note in Springpad. Here’s how to set it up: Read more…
We recently released a bunch of updates to the Springpad platform. One of improvements was a simpler way to enter notes into the iOS app.
Here’s how: Read more…
ATTENTION: This post contains details about a previous version of Springpad. To learn about the updates in, check out this blog post: “Updates to Springpad Simplify the Way You Save“
If you come across a post on Google+ that you’d like to save to Springpad, you can save it to Springpad with just a click or two.
How to set it up:
- First, log in to Springpadit.com and find your custom email-in address. You’ll find it under Settings/Services, listed as your personal email address. Copy this email address.
- Then, open Google+ and go to your Circles.
- Drag your mouse over the new blank circle at the top of the list, then click to create a new circle called “Save to Springpad” (or something else similar).
- Click “Add a new person” and paste in the email address you found in the first step. You’ll need to give it a name (like “Personal Springpad Email”) to save it.
Are you a maniacal note-taker? Do you log every little idea, thought, website or incident that you come across in a given day? Well, if you’re still using paper, or local apps on your computer or mobile phone, consider using Springpad instead!
Why you should use Springpad to take notes: Read more…
We all have goals, whether it’s committing to a fitness regimen, making progress toward diet goals or re-committing to a long-lost hobby… And oftentimes a big part of success is tracking your progress. Let Springpad help!
Keep track of your daily or weekly activity toward your goal in Springpad – create notes from your computer or your mobile device, organize them by topic and access them whenever and wherever you’d like to check in on your progress.
Step 1: Create a Notebook for Your Goal Read more…
Last month, we launched the Springpad iPhone app. We’ve been thrilled with how many new and existing users were able to benefit from being able to save and remember their thoughts and ideas not only on the web but also phones as well.
We’ve been hard at work responding to user feedback, and wanted to share a quick preview with you. Here’s an overview of some of the new features & improvements that should make the Springpad iPhone even easier to use when saving & accessing the things you want to remember:
1. Improved My Stuff navigation
My Stuff has been streamlined to give you faster ways to access your stuff.
- New “All My Stuff” view shows all of your recently added items in one page
- Filter view by type
- Sort by when added, popularity or name
- Swipe across any item to delete it
Adding details to your items
1. We’ve removed star ratings.
2. Notes, media & links have been consolidated. If you’d like to add links, photos, videos or files to any of your items, click on “Notes”.
Adding things to My Stuff
3. Importing a recipe is a little bit different. In My Stuff, click on Recipe on the right hand side, then paste a link into the bar at the top.
4. Adding a Business or Restaurant in a specific city is slightly different. In My Stuff, click on Business or Restaurant on the right hand side, and start to type the name of what you’d like to save. Then there will be a little box that will allow you to change the location. Read more…
In addition to the recent springpad features that allow you to create a profile & follow updates from other users, we have just added the ability for you to customize the items in your springpad. Add a brief introduction, notes, links, files, photos & videos – So when you share information, give your friends more than just the basics!
Here are some examples:
Add your own photos & cook notes to a recipe you’ve tried
Recipes are just begging for photos of food (or attempts at food), instructional videos & links to where to buy unique ingredients. Whether it’s your recipe or one you found from your favorite blog, you’ll have all of the information you need at your fingertips for the next time you cook that dish!
Record your experiences at your favorite restaurant
Restaurants & Businesses can be enhanced by adding links to reviews, photos of meals or products & any inside information you may have! The next time you recommend a great place to eat, you’ve got a very personal review site of your own to refer to…
Organize & share product research
Product shopping can be easily organized by keeping track of images, links to reviews & any price information all in one place. Then after you make your purchase, your friends will appreciate you sharing your legwork.
Capture photos & stories to help you remember important days
Milestones are dates or events that you & those closest to you would like to remember. Automatically add photos from Flickr, other images & anything that will help you & your friends remember the special day!