This policy tells you, among other things, what information we gather from you, how we may use or disclose information that identifies you personally and our efforts to protect it. Please read this policy carefully, and feel free to contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions regarding its contents.
Please note: Springpad provides links to third-party websites. This policy does not apply to the websites that you reach through those links. We are not responsible for, nor can we control the privacy practices and policies of these third party entities. We encourage you to review their policies carefully.
Types of Information We Collect
In connection with your use of our Website and our mobile applications, we may collect a variety of information from and about you in different ways.
- Information you provide to us such as the information you provide when you register to use our service, give us your contact information, create a profile on our Website, or register to receive newsletters, alerts, or any products or services we provide via our Website or through our mobile applications ("Personal Information").
- Private User Submitted Content ("Private Content") or Public Content (as such terms defined in our Terms of Service) as designated by you.
- Information we collect automatically as you use the Website or our mobile applications, such as your IP address, the referring URL, browser type, and information about your usage of the Website or our mobile applications, whether links to external websites are followed, and whether advertisements provided to you are clicked.
Minors and Children Under Age 13
Springpad is committed to complying with all aspects of the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act ("COPPA"). Springpad does not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to register on our Website or send any Personal Information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. No one under age 13 may provide any Personal Information to Springpad or on the Website. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us.
Our Use of Your Personal Information
We use Personal Information to:
- Provide to you and communicate with you about the services, content, or products you use or request
- Customize the content or advertisements you receive when you use our Website or our mobile applications, and otherwise improve your experience on our Website or our mobile applications
- Analyze and improve our services, which may include tracking traffic, usage, and navigation patterns related to your activities on our Websites and the links we provide to third party sites or advertisements
- Secure your account and prevent fraud
- Protect our or third party rights or interests
Sharing Information with Third Parties
We may share information that is not Personal Information or Private Content and that does not identify you personally about your interests, your use of the Website and our mobile applications, and the links and ads that you follow, with third party content providers or advertisers; if we do so, we will not provide them with your name or contact information. We may also share aggregated usage data with such parties, and with others.
We may share Personal Information (but not Private Content) with our business partners in order to provide you the services you use or request, subject to commitments by such parties to use your information only for that purpose and to protect it from disclosure.
We may share Personal Information and Private Content in response to a valid law enforcement request or legal process, to protect our rights and property or those of third parties, or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
We may transfer Personal Information and Private Content if we sell some or all of our assets to another company in connection with a business merger or acquisition. We will require the recipient to notify you in advance of any material changes to the way in which information that identifies you personally will be used, and to give you the opportunity to opt-out of any such materially changed use.
Sharing by you
Remember that any Public Content that you voluntarily submit by posting to our service can be accessed by any other Springpad user.
You have the ability to designate content as Public Content or Private Content and the right to change such designation. We will not make any Private Content available to any third party except to a third party authorized by you to access such information as provided below.
We allow you to make the choice to share Private Content you create or store on "nonpublic," secure sections of Springpad (such as your private notebook, calendar events and tasks) with specific third parties of your choosing. You may do this by emailing such parties a link that provides them with access to the specific Private Content you want to share, or by creating a shared link with that person; that link will not provide access to the rest of your Private Content. If you use one of the helpful Springpad features designed to allow you to voluntarily forward or share your Private Content with family or friends, you automatically limit Springpad's ability to keep that shared information private. We recommend that you do this only with trusted friends and family.
Accessing Your Personal Information
As a Springpad user, you will have the opportunity to review and modify the information stored in your personal account any time you log onto your Springpad account using an email address and password listed on the account.
Protecting Your Information
We take the security of your personal information very seriously, and have implemented policies and procedures, including technical measures, that are designed to help safeguard it.
Please remember that you play a valuable part in security as well. Your password to access our Website or our mobile applications, which you select at registration, should never be shared with anyone and should be changed frequently.